BLECH India 2021 is a highly focused exhibition exclusively dedicated to Sheet Metal Working. The event provides an ideal opportunity to present your products to this booming market and establish successful business relations, both with customers for machine tools and with potential local agents or partners for joint ventures.
The Indian Market
India is on the way to becoming a manufacturing location of global status and the country is one of the world’s largest machine tool markets. The country’s rising importance means that many users and manufacturers of machine tools focus resources on developing their position in India.
Next to the huge market potential, the high level of investment by foreign companies is a good indicator for the subcontinent’s attractiveness not only to global players but also to mid-tier suppliers of sheet metal machines, tools and systems.
Mumbai: Gateway to India
- Mumbai, located in the state of Maharashtra, is the financial capital of India and most companies have head offices here.
- The city’s economy is hugely diverse and petrochemicals, automobile manufacturing, electronics and engineering are leading industries.
- Maharashtra is India’s most industrialised state and contributes 13% of the country’s industrial output. Furthermore, nearly 46% of Maharashtra’s GSDP is generated by these industrial practices.
- A large number of foreign companies have already settled in the Mumbai region and the administration is familiar with the needs and wishes of new investors.
- The Government of Maharashtra has introduced the ‘Make in Maharashtra’ scheme to increase foreign direct investment and local investment in the region by making it easier for international companies to conduct business.
- Major automotive companies like Piaggio, General Motors, Fiat India, Mercedes-Benz, Premier Automobiles, Jaguar & Land Rover, Volkswagen India, Bajaj Auto, Force Motors, Mahindra Navistar are based in Pune, only 150 km from Mumbai. The Mumbai/Pune car manufacturing cluster contributes to 33% of the Indian market.
- Mumbai’s national and international travel links are first class and there are excellent connections to the other industrial centres throughout the country.